Homemade bath bombs are a brilliant way to make your kids bath time that bit more exciting, as they’ll love watching it fizz around the bath! You can even make one for yourself one with relaxing essential oils to help you unwind after a hard day’s work!
What you will need:
- ¼ cup of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tablespoons of laundry starch
- ¼ teaspoon of essential oil
- 3 tablespoons of food colouring
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Citric Acid
- (Optional) 2 or 3 drops of essential oil
- First, sieve the Bicarbonate of Soda, laundry starch, and Citric Acid into a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- In a jug, combine the olive oil, food colouring and essential oil.
- Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring together as you go. As soon as it forms a solid lump, stop adding the wet mixture. It is not essential that it is all used, as too much will prevent the bath fizzers from binding together.
- Next, roll the substance between your hands to make ball shapes. Leave to harden overnight.
- To add a decorative touch, wrap the bombs in tissue paper and tie with an attractive ribbon.