Simple and safe cleaning power for tough dirt and grime
White Vinegar is a non-toxic traditional cleaning solution that has been used safely for centuries. The active ingredient in White Vinegar is acetic acid, which has both cleaning and descaling properties. Although White Vinegar has a mild odour, it gradually dissipates. This is in contrast to malt vinegar, which is unsuitable for cleaning. It's also great for a range of laundry applications.
Using White Vinegar around (and outside) the home
White Vinegar is mildly acidic, making it an extremely versatile multi-purpose cleaner. Many of the marks left behind on glass surfaces like shower screens are actually limescale deposits.
White vinegar is perfect for a wide range of cleaning tasks including:
- Cleaning glass (including car windscreens), mirrors and surfaces
- Removing limescale from taps, draining boards, kettles and kitchen appliances
- Clean the detergent drawer and door seals of your washing machine.
- Treating pet urine stains and the residual odour. White Vinegar will deter your pet from returning to the same spot
- Use occasionally in your carpet cleaning machine to help keep the water jets free of limescale. It will clean the carpet and won't leave an odour
- Use in place of standard rinse aid in your dishwasher to keep glasses from going streaky/milky and the bonus is that it will help keep the machine clean.
If you don't like the odour of white vinegar, why not add a few drops of a 'sympathetic' essential oil, such as apple. It will be difficult to actually mask the odour completely because acetic acid is a strong deodoriser in its own right.
NEW: Extra Strength White Vinegar
Sometimes you have a tough cleaning job that you want to tackle effortlessly, without wanting to resort to harsh chemicals. That's why we've developed Extra Strength White Vinegar with 50% more of the active ingredient - acetic acid. So whether it's a particularly bad build up of limescale or some extremely dirty windows, then the Extra Strength version should be your 'go to' cleaner.
If your local retailer stocks the standard version but not the Extra Strength version, then ask them to order it in from their wholesaler. If you are still having issues, then do feel free to contact us, with details of your location and we'll see if we can help. You can also buy it online from Big Green Smile.
When cleaning windows, wipe horizontally inside and vertically on the exterior so that you can tell which side any remaining dirt is. Some people recommend using scrunched up newspaper, but the ink can get on your hands and we prefer micro-fibre cloths, especially now they are inexpensive. Remember never to wash micro-fibre cloths with fabric conditioner as it clogs the fibres. Use white vinegar instead of fabric conditioner in your machine.