Traditional cleaning power at its best
Before the advent of modern cleaning products, Soda Crystals, (previously known as Washing Soda), were the main product used for doing the cleaning and the laundry. Soda Crystals are a versatile one bag solution for all your cleaning needs! On top of that, being non-toxic and a naturally occurring mineral in parts of the world Soda Crystals have a sustainable environmental footprint and can help you save money, at the same time!
Soda Crystals are a great water softener as well as ideal for tackling dirt, grease and oil.
Using Soda Crystals in and around the home
Soda Crystals are extremely good value and have many uses. There are far too many to list on one page, so do refer to the Tips and Videos sections to find the best way of tackling any task you may have. Remember to use the Search function at the top of the page.
- Cleaning and deodorising the washing machine
- Removing burnt on residue in pots and pans
- Helping to keep sinks and drains fresh and blockage free
- Grease removal in household cleaning and laundry
- Removing moss and algae from paths & patios
- Cleaning silver jewellery
- Preparing wooden decking and garden furniture for re-treatment. Then use Liquid Soap to keep them clean.
- And much more!!
They are also used in many specialist applications such as bee keeping and removing rust by electrolysis. Why not send us your tips? If we feature it in our newsletter, then we'll send you a bundle of our various cleaning & laundry products.
Click on the image below to view an infographic showing the top 10 uses for Soda Crystals.
A guide to Soda Crystals strengths
Soda Crystals are best dissolved in warm water. In fact, the hotter the solution, the more effective it will be (especially if grease or oil is involved) - with the exception of blood stains, in which cool water is best.
The strength required depends on the application. As a guide, we recommend the following:
- Mild - 1 tablespoon (20g) to one pint (500ml) of water
- Regular - Half a cup (100g) to one pint (500ml) of water
- Strong - 1 cup (200g) to one pint (500ml) of water
NB. Do not use soda crystals or liquid soda crystals on aluminium or lacquered surfaces.