Traditional cleaning power at its best
Before the advent of modern cleaning products, Soda Crystals, (previously known as Washing Soda), were the main product used for doing the cleaning and the laundry. Soda Crystals are a versatile one bag solution for all your cleaning needs! On top of that, Soda Crystals have a sustainable environmental footprint and can help you save money, at the same time!
Using Soda Crystals in and around the home
Soda Crystals are extremely good value and have many uses including:
- Cleaning and deodorising the washing machine
- Removing burnt on residue in pots and pans
- Helping to keep sinks and drains fresh and blockage free
- Grease removal in household cleaning and laundry
- Removing moss and algae from paths & patios
- Cleaning silver jewellery
- And much more!!
They are also used in many specialist applications such as bee keeping and removing rust by electrolysis. Why not send us your tips? If we feature it in our newsletter, then we’ll send you a bundle of our various cleaning & laundry products.
To get the ball rolling, here are some of the top uses for Soda Crystals. (Right click and select ‘Save image as..’ to download it)
A guide to strengths
Do you know how to use Soda Crystals? More importantly, do you know how much you should use? Soda Crystals are usually dissolved in warm water. In fact, the hotter the solution, the more effective it will be – with the exception of blood stains.
The strength required depends on the application. As a guide, we recommend the following:
- Mild – 1 tablespoon (20g) to one pint (500ml) of water
- Regular – Half a cup (100g) to one pint (500ml) of water
- Strong – 1 cup (200g) to one pint (500ml) of water
NB. Do not use soda crystals or liquid soda crystals on aluminium or lacquered surfaces.